Author Topic: Star Trek: Discovery  (Read 313 times)

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
Star Trek: Discovery
« on: 06 February 2017 03:04:50 PM »
Since this is a Star Trek site. I was wondering what those here felt about the new upcoming series? I wasn't overly thrilled because I'm not a fan of the JJ movies. The first trailer of Discovery was interesting. But, the ship didn't say before TSO to me. It seemed more advanced then anything TOS should have. I don't mind changes. As long as they don't mess up continuity to the point where nothing makes sense. Perhaps I'm wrapped up in the older shows and not seeing things in a different light. I know almost every show has messed with continuity in someway. I plan on watching the plot, but I don't plan on getting CBS's all access for the rest. I'm sure I'll find the other shows somewhere else. 

FruitLoop

• Administrator
    • Sci-Fi Avatars
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2017 08:14:31 PM »
Last I heard, it was on indefinite hiatus because not enough people were paying for the CBS all access to get it.  Might have been better to just show it on TV.
FruitLoop
Founder,
Sci-Fi Avatars

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2017 09:13:51 PM »
I had seen anything about that. I heard recently that they were filming. A teaser trailer was released, I believe last week. In the last few weeks, I've seen reports who is starring in the series. Perhaps your source are better then mine? Anyway, I was hoping Discovery would re-energize Star trek as a franchise. Star Trek has a huge fan base hungry for something good.

FruitLoop

• Administrator
    • Sci-Fi Avatars
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2017 10:40:30 PM »
That's the thing: we're hungry for new stuff, but they are putting obstacles in the way.  You have to pay for it, when they can just put it on TV or Hulu or Netflix, which is accessible to almost everyone, instead they are trying to force us to pay for CBS All Access for one show.  Most people can't afford it and those who can aren't going to pay for a streaming service for only  one show.  I heard that they had indeed started filming, but stopped because of the lack of people signing up for it.  Though, who knows, your sources may be better.
FruitLoop
Founder,
Sci-Fi Avatars

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2017 12:00:12 AM »
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll watch the pilot, as long as it's on tv. Beyond that, I'll look around online.

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2017 01:09:05 AM »
Just watched a video on youtube talking about a picture which was released. This picture was put on the web by one of the series actors. It shows a group of actors in costume and they are stated as Klingons. None of these actors look like Klingons from any era in Star Trek. They have elongated heads and no hair. If these are Klingons, then CBS is slapping Star Trek fans in the face. I was hopeful, but now I'm feeling let down.

FruitLoop

• Administrator
    • Sci-Fi Avatars
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2017 05:07:23 PM »
Elongated heads??? CBS just flat out doesn't care anymore, do they?
FruitLoop
Founder,
Sci-Fi Avatars

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2017 08:22:20 PM »
It appears that they don't. I hear this new show is now a reboot. CBS seems only interested in making a buck. They don't care about the loyal Star Trek fans.

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2017 01:17:46 AM »
Here's a new trailer for Star Trek Discovery. Any thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Crimson Master

• To Boldly Go.......
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2017 07:53:43 PM »
Release date for Star Trek: Discovery is September 24th.